Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take before I am ready for the high school equivalency (HSE) exam?

There is no answer that fits every situation. It all depends on YOU… the skills needed, how many hours a week you are able to attend class, and how much you can study from home.Every person has a unique journey.

How do I get started?

You will need to do some preliminary paperwork and go through an orientation. Contact the center for the date you can begin.

How much will it cost to study at LMC?

Nothing. Thanks to our generous donors, it is free.

Will the HSE test cost?

Yes, but there are scholarships available if you wait to test when LMC instructors believe that your practice test scores prove readiness.

How often do I have to come to class?

Attending 12 hours a week is ideal. However, we are flexible with each person’s unique situation and will do our best to assist you with your individual needs and limitations. In some circumstances, there are also opportunities for distance learning (studying from home by use of internet or written homework).

What if I miss class?

Communication is key! If you contact us and let us know why you are missing, we can often work around it. However, if you don’t show several times and we don’t know why, you will lose your seat for a period of time.

How big are the classes?

We do large group instruction (rarely bigger than 15 students), small group instruction (13-10 students), and individualized tutoring (one to one).

How are adult education classes different from my previous school experiences?

Everyone has different experiences with school earlier in life. Some loved it but just didn’t get the individualized instruction they needed. Some had hurtful experiences where teachers and students made them feel like they were worthless and unable to learn. Others had to drop out of school because life just got in the way. Regardless of your past, we hope that you will find a nurturing, individualized, encouraging, SAFE place at the LMC . We truly do CARE!

What if I have transportation barriers?

We have Wabash County Transit vouchers for students who need assistance with transportation. You just have to ask us for a voucher and then contact Transit with
the times you’ll need transportation to and from classes.

Is there a graduation once I receive my diploma?

Yes, usually in march. We have graduation for everyone who received a diploma within the past year and it includes a ceremony and reception for you and all your loved ones. It’s possibly the best day of each year

Can I go to college after obtaining my diploma?

Yes, you can. Many colleges require an entrance exam and we can help prepare you for that upon receiving your HSE.

Can I get my HSE diploma from an online source?

No! While you can study online, don’t fall into the trap of getting a diploma online. Those offers are a hoax and quite expensive!

North Manchester
Town Life Center

603 Bond Street
North Manchester, IN 46962
Phone: (260) 330-1461
HSE Exam scheduling:
(260) 330-3553

Monday: 9am-7pm
Wednesday: 9am-7pm

Wabash County Community Learning Center

277 North Thorne Street
Wabash, IN 46992
Phone: (260) 330-1082

Tuesday: 9am-6pm
Thursday: 9am-3pm




Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: